Subject: [Leica] Would you start a wet darkroom today?
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:33:34 -0700

Photography is becoming a mutual interest for my 10 year old son and I. He's
using my Nikon gear while I hoard the Leicas :-).  At the moment, we're
still exploring picture taking technique, but I am starting to think of what
I want to do next with improving the final result.

As a child, I was lucky enough to walk over to a public darkroom at the
Police Athletic League in Chinatown. I had a wonderful coach in a volunteer
professional photographer. Nowadays, darkroom facilities are an endangered
species, especially out in suburbia land.

We have the space for a wet darkroom now. I've been thinking of acquiring a
V.35 and building a complete setup.  On the other hand, we also have at our
disposal no shortage of Macs and PCs with Photoshop or Photodeluxe and a
good photo printer. I'm a total novice at this software programs, and
haven't invested the time to get the results I truly want yet. As a result,
I am more comfortable being a coach in a wet darkroom than a modern digital
one.

What would you do ?

John Gong

Replies: Reply from Axel Schwieker <axel@baer.rwth-aachen.de> (Re: [Leica] Would you start a wet darkroom today?)