Subject: Re: [Leica] Would you start a wet darkroom today?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:20:06 -0700

Would you get into Platinum printing today? or Gum Bichromate? How about a
unicorn collection?
Inkjetting is such a popular and accessible sport it's going to make traditional
darkroom work a decision like this.
Why delve into other processes and risk getting poisoned sloshing around in the
toxic waste?
In most cases getting into darkroom work takes room.
Not everybody has the luxury of that room.
What else does it take? Oh yea DARKNESS!
And darkness is expensive! (Many Home darkrooms are only get really dark at night).
And it's a temperament thing. Not the water your personality!
Some people need to have an enlarger in order to feel comfortable.
I'm in that category. I also have to have a big wet sink.
That's the bottom line; in my basement.
mark rabiner