Subject: Re: [Leica] Would you start a wet darkroom today?
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 19:30:36 -0400

On 26 Oct 2000 15:37:29 -0700, ken@iisaka.org wrote:

>On Thu, 26 October 2000, Paul Chefurka wrote:
>> Two months ago I'd have disagreed vehemently with this.  Today, after
>> reading Michael Reichmann's comparison of the output of a Canon D30 to an
>> EOS shooting Provia 100F, I'm inclined to think it's going to happen a lot
>> sooner than most of us think.
>
>After reading the article, I could not help but notice some flaws in his experiment.

OK, but methodological quibbles aside, the fact that he was able to create
output from a D30 that looked better than Provia 100F scanned with an Imacon has
to mean something, no?

Whether or not the D30 itself is the harbinger of some digital utopia, it's sure
a signpost on the road.  And I'm inclined to believe the evidence of my eyes -
even in the Web images the D30 was better.  And if a print looks better, it is
better as far as I'm concerned.

Paul

Replies: Reply from "Henning J. Wulff" <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] Would you start a wet darkroom today?)