Subject: [Leica] Just a thought
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 22:45:32 -0500

> Two months ago I'd have disagreed vehemently with this.  Today, after
> reading Michael Reichmann's comparison of the output of a Canon D30 to an
> EOS shooting Provia 100F, I'm inclined to think it's going to happen a lot
> sooner than most of us think.

Not to be discouraging, but do bear in mind that Michael's a very rich guy.
He's got lots of very nice equipment, and he can afford to buy successive
generations of new digital equipment without worrying about the resale value
of the stuff it's replacing. I'm not saying your conclusions are wrong by
any means, but a conventional darkroom for an 11-year-old looks like pocket
change compared to what Michael's invested.

- --Mike