Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M6 and Landrovers
From: Rick Dykstra <rdandcb@cybermac.com.au>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 20:55:04 +1000

Bill Lawlor wrote:

> Come to think of it, is there a Landrover Defender M6 Special Edition? Does
> it have galvanized steel corner reinforcing?

The Leica agent in Australia, Adeal, was organising a field trip in
conjunction with Landrover, to be led by Major(Rtd) Les Hiddens, alias 'The
Bush Tucker Man'.  This guy was the star of a TV series all about eating up
the countryside, the indigenous way.  Goanna goulash with a witchity grub
sauce - that sort of thing.  Anyway, the trip didn't happen, due to lack of
interest from Leica owning softies, like me.  Interestingly, the trip that
took place before the Landrover/Bushtucker thing was thought up, being a
sprint through green rolling hills dotted with wineries in a cavalcade of
BMW roadsters, was oversubscribed by us sturdy Aussie Leica types.  Funny
about that.

Just because Australia has 95% (?) of the world most poisonous snakes
doesn't make me like them any better, or want to eat them.

Rick.