Subject: [Leica] Michael Reichmann
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:26:35 -0500

> Reichman's methodology introduces enough factors to degrade the
> Provia film's capabilities down to the level where the outcome of the
> test is a toss-up.

Maybe, but I don't think that's pertinent. Michael was testing the D30 for
his own work using his own methods. And taking transparency film, scanning
it, and printing it on a 1270 *is* his usual method. That's how he usually
makes his fine prints (which are superb, by the way, as you know if you
ordered one through _PHOTO Techniques'_ fine print program). So he's just
comparing the D30 with the output he'd use to the transparency film with the
process he already uses. His conclusions are valid for the comparison he
made.

Incidentally, he's a very experienced photographer with a very good eye.

- --Mike