Subject: [Leica] R Bags
From: "gbicket" <gbicket@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 07:25:19 -0500

TMLee--

One bag you might consider is the Leica Outdoor Combination bag.

It is made of ballistic nylon, and comes in two sizes.  If you have the
discipline to limit yourself to the kit you've described, the smaller might
work.  I have an R8 with winder, and typically carry it in the large
Combination bag with a 19/24/50 mounted, and the other two back-to-back with
one of those two-rear-caps-glued-together sort of gizmos, along with the
100, the f4 35-70, and the 80-200.  There is ample room for film an SF-20,
and one or two of those hama film safe containers.

Side pockets carry more film and batteries, as R8 folks don't leave home
without spare batteries.  Come to think of it, R8 folks don't do anything
without batteries!

Anyway, it is a fine bag, shows signs of lasting for years, and with some
velcro edged partitions from abandoned bags, and a little extra
strategically placed foam pieces, it's a terrific bag.  It is made in the
US, so I wonder about its availability from its maker at something less than
the price imparted by its little, unobtrusive Leica logo.  Worth checking
out.  Damned good bag.

Enjoy the light.

Greg