Subject: Re: [Leica] M's and studio flash
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 16:30:31 -0700

There are three different flash circuits (and contacts) on the M4-2 (and
early M4-P) for the two pc sockets and hot shoe. it sounds like the contacts
on your electronic flash pc socket are dirty or corroded and as the contacts
start to move apart when you advance the film, the "roughness allows them to
make and break once again triggering the flash. Time for a service.

John Collier