Subject: [Leica] ........Bag for R gear......
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 18:25:08 +0000

TM Lee wrote
>what would be the smallest bag that can do the job ?

The real thing to consider is what is smallest you can work out of in
the way you work.  I have a giant LowePro bag that is really just a big
case for corporate work where I need to carry everything I own, get it
through airports, etc., but it is never used to walk around with.  I
have a Billingham 225 whose construction I love.  It is smaller for
smaller gear loads, but nearly impossible to work out of--just too
clumsy with all the straps and the lens compartments are too small for
today's bigger diameter lenses.  But for working out of on the fly,
nothing beats a Domke or the Temba equivalent.  But they are not so good
on plane, etc.  But still my favorite.  The they are so light, that size
is not nearly so much an issue.  Pick an F2 and go.

donal
Donal Philby
San Diego
www.donalphilby.com