Subject: [Leica] Fillin Flash: Was: Using Vivitar 2800 flash with M6 TTL
From: John Gong <jgong@cisco.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 19:10:29 -0800

Tristan,

Indoor fillin flash is set at -1 or -2 f-stops below the ambient light. So,
if your meter tells you that the room requires 1/30 sec. at f4, you would
set the flash as if you were shooting at f2. You're fooling the flash into
dropping the light output.

As a main light source, I would put the flash in A mode, set the ASA on the
flash, and use the f-stop which the flash tells you is appropriate for your
distance.

John