Subject: Re: [Leica] Arca-Swiss B2 Head comments?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 07:35:05 -0800

Rick Dykstra wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Do you have experience with the B2 Head?
>
> I'm currently using a Manfrotto 229, their biggest pan tilt, on an 075
> tripod.
>
> >From what I can find on the net, the B2 looks like it functions like a pan
> tilt, ie, it won't flop over.
>
> Can the B2 be used as a free moving gimbal type mount, for following a
> moving subject?
>
> Any comments appreciated, or links to reviews.  I've read 'Moose's' review
> at http://www.moose395.net/b2.html.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rick Dykstra

I'm using the Manfrotto 308 on my Sport Gitzo and I'm liking it's single action
solidness and convenience better than the Gitzo G1377  Magnesium Centre Ball
Head on my Reporter which I also compared straight against the Arca Swiss but
for half the money.
The Manfrotto is just quicker and very solid dispite the fact that it is half
the size of the Gitzo.
mark rabiner