Subject: Re: [Leica] Morgans + steel framed bicycles : OT-nothing to do with Leicas...OK, just a little bit of Leica content
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:05:18 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:42:49 -0700 John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
wrote:
> No dispute about the first one as I have worked on and driven many Morgans
> and love them! The +4 is wonderful but the +8 is absolutely unbelievable! Ok
> it is a modern Morgan as it has four wheels and all but we can make some
> exceptions to our Ludite ways ....no? I would also include the Citroën 2CV
> as my car of choice when it rains.
>
> Would you extend the second to include fillet brazed steel? I love steel
> bicycle frames but think that the recent incorporation of beer can
> technology has improved the ride quality significantly. I am having a frame
> made to replace the one a kind member of the proletariat recently liberated
> from me. A tight (lots of pedal overlap) cyclocross frame with Columbus foco
> tubing for the seat and down tubes, Reynolds 853 top tube, and curly seat
> stays from I do not know where. REALLY REALLY sweet ride. I can hardly wait.
> It will have track drop outs but with a derailleur hanger added so I can
> switch to fixed or single speed as well. I am going STI and nine speed
> (Canon and Nikon equivalents in the bicycle world) so I fear you will shun
> me if we ever meet!
Actually, I can't--I have shimano 600 (at least it's friction...hehehe.)

> I have to disagree about your choice of Leicas as well! No problem with the
> M2 but the M4 should be the M4-2! The M4  and M3 have too much cache and I
> want to be pitied as well as envied
No problem, I use an M4-P....but I don't have to "like" it, do I?
.

> "My God he has a Leica!! Oh....it is just a M4-2. Poor chap, could not
> afford a real Leica."
Only Luggers would even notice....even photographers don't care about WHICH
M-camera you use...

> Cheers,
>
> John Collier
>
> No regrets about trading my M4-2 on a TTL but I do miss the scorn...sigh.
I actually am thinking about picking up another one (my third), good camera,
cheap (~6-700 bux here in the US, good user condition)
Thanks for the post!
Walt