Subject: Re: [Leica] Film question
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 12:15:47 EST

In a message dated 10/31/00 12:04:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
austin@darkroom.com writes:

<< > Try a few rolls of Kodak's Portra 160 NC.

 I second that John.  If I HAVE to use color, that's what my fridge is full
of.  It scans very nicely too ;-)

I fully agree.  For informal event shooting, I have gone to 400 solely in
order to minimize the effect and output of the usually small flash units I
prefer to use.  This allows faster recycle and more shots on a set of
batteries as well.  Moreover, these days people have become used to seeing
the effect of more ambient light than flash in their photographs, probably as
a result of automated fill flash on their p & s cameras.  I switched to 400
pictures of people on a stage.  The background otherwise would have been both
ugly and, in my view, distracting, but she all but accused me of cheating her
out of parts of the photos.  An extreme case, I grant, but no doubt an
indication of things to come.

Joe Sobel