Subject: Re: [Leica] Morgans + steel framed bicycles : OT-nothing to do withLeicas...OK, just a little bit of Leica content
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:21:12 -0700

Wonderful bikes and I am glad that they stuck around and morphed after
Bridgestone pulled out. I hope they survive their current financial crisis.
Unfortunately they have only stock sizes and I am a long bodied person with
short legs and arms. After twenty years of stock bikes that have to be
adapted, I am looking forward to one that fits. I also like a high saddle
height, relative to the handlebars, that a smaller frame gives, which
Rivendell preaches and designs against (rightly so for most riders but not
for misshapen and weak backed me). With my long back and predilection for a
large saddle/handlebar height difference, I need a small frame with a long
top tube. I have been making do with long stems (135mm on my track bike) and
my knees knocking on my elbows, but, it just does not handle and fit as well
as a properly designed frame.

Cheers,

John Collier