Subject: Re: [Leica] Film megabytes and some curious contradictions
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 13:48:22 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

> What's wrong with SM (single malt) Scotch?
Nothing, but I'm a cheap-assed redneck from Texas......

>                     <SNIP>
>
> << I use Leicas.  I use analog records. I use ONLY vacuum tube amplifiers, of
> my own design and construction.>>
>
> OT but worth more space.  Don't hesitate to elaborate a little.

Virtually everything over the years...right now, it's a simple little minimalist
phono stage built into a PAS chassis, and the power amp is a (trioded) EL-84
stereo amp, single chassis, about 9w per.....the speakers are oft-modified
Altecs, 416-16 on the bottom (ported) and an 811 horn with 806/symbiotik drivers
on top...6db per octave, homebrew of course, at about 7-800 hz (-3db points, so
both drivers play for a good portion of the mids....) Little TD-160 Thorens, many
cartridges (MM) and a Sony ES CD....which is dying slowly....Old Marantz tuner,
first generation japanese...plus other Dyna and HB junk occasionally....is that
enough or too much info?...hehehehe

> What about the M3; and what lenses do you use on the F and F2?
I only like M3 with 50/90, and ONLY with MINT VF/RF....I've only had
one of these over the years that was good enough, and I sold it years
ago for the "ABSURD" high price of $800 (at the time, it was a king's
ransom)....I like the 35 frame, and the similarity of magnification in the
M2/4/4P/6/etc....I actually don't have any more M2s, but my wife still
has a couple...I used the 2s professionally and they were great, but now
I like the m4/etc....
>  .I ENJOY
> working with
>  gear and methods that I consider to be from a better "time", as least from
> my
>  ethno-centric-caucasian-male-in-USA view...admittedly biased!>>
>
> This is permissible - at least for the present.
Not for long, at least in my line of work :) :) :)

>  Best to all
>  Walt in Denton, Tx.
>
> Standing ovation, Walt!
Many thanks, Joe....we're the "last of a breed"....most of my peers would say
that this is a GOOD THING....hehehe....