Subject: Re: [Leica] Cameras as checked luggage
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 15:57:06 -0500

Finding such cases is not the problem. The problem is preventing them from being
stolen while in the hands of the airline. It seems to me there was a recent
essay on the subject at the Digital Journalist site, and some long-time shooter,
forgive me for not remembering who, said that what he did was pack his equipment
in Halliburton (sp) cases, and then pack those cases in the cheapest, cruddiest
K-Mart suitcases he could find. That way the metal cases, which scream
PHOTOEQUIPMENTSTEALME-PLEASE!!!!, are safely disguised.

B. D.