Subject: [Leica] Re: Cameras as checked luggage
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 08:41:24 -0800 (PST)

Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone sell cases that pad cameras and lenses well enough to
> enable them to be sent as checked luggage at airports?  Cases that
> will withstand the delicate touch of the tossers who work there?  And
> just how horrendously expensive are such cases?  Can they be used
more
> than once?

If I were doing it, I'd look into buying some kind of metal case, or
metal briefcase, and some foam core.  Then, cut out holes in the foam
core that fit your cameras and lenses.  You can buy cases like this
for cameras (I've seen them, but don't recall the brand name), but
you'll probably end up spending a lot less money doing it yourself.
And your equipment will be custom fit into the case.

Anyplace worth going is worth going in Big Red, though!  :)