Subject: Re: [Leica] XTOL times/dilutions WAS Developer Question Again
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 10:56:59 -0800

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> on 2/11/00 11:04 am, John Collier at jbcollier@home.com wrote:
>
> > I know that the Nikon LS2000 or Polaroid Sprintscan are the "best" for
> > "consumer" use but do I need to go that far (squeak, squeak) for the
> > occasional 8x10?
> >
> > Be blunt and pull no punches please!
>
> For 8x10 (and plenty larger) the new Minolta Scan Dual II will do a very
> fine job for a lot less money. It'll take a LOT of outgrowing.
> --
> Johnny Deadman
>
> http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

I would think with the start of the holiday season this week all the companies
will be upping the anti and my Nikon LS2000 will be old news. Minolta will have
it's act together for sure this frenzied materialist season and so will some
other companies perhaps be coming out with viable scanners.
But my Nikon LS2000 ain't broke and is not performing less well because of this.
Only in comparison. So I'll live in oblivion until i see prints on walls better
than mine.
I'll find out they were scanned in seconds instead of minutes when i finally get one.
The next time I get some money together it will go to the new miniwinder and the
28 Summicron ASPH.
mark rabiner