Subject: [Leica] Re Stan's gallery - Answering all these questions :-)
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 21:17:09 +0100

First of all, thank you for all these comments!
Especially positive ones ;-D

> THEY ARE VERY BIG Smaller files would be easier to view.
I used to make 8x10 in enlargements. So my (completely
wrong) assumption was photos should be too big to see
all the little nuances which are there. And when I see
all these thumbnail-like photos on the Net....

Anyway, my apologies. I will change all photos to fit
800x600 screen (in width or height or both, whatever
will come first ;-)

> I think I really like the eyes one, hard to tell with all the scrolling
> around. Ah....when I was young, I used to like scrolling around.
I prefer goofing around and shooting around. Shopping around
is probably out the question. Because of Leica IIIc and my
happiness, jumping around is my current behaviour :-)

> They show how well the IIIc suits you.  I'd like to see more.
In near future. Now I have to fed my exhausted supplies
of paper, make new Rodinal soup, prepare fixer
(I bought a couple of 5liter concentrates. Was cheap, no
doubt about it. But now I have to prepare 5 liters of
fixer in some strange kitchen hardware, then put into
multitude of small bottles...)

> Nice images, Stan!  Who's the gal--she's cute!
This young woman is my older-younger sister
(uhh.. how to say... She is 19 so is younger
than me but still older than my second sister
which was born in 1986... Complicated....)
;-)))

> i like the atmosphere you captured in these photos - kind of tentative,
> hesitant. for me, the strong back-lighting in some of the shots creates a
> bit of tension, as if something may be about to happen. the absence of
> people adds to the mystery. were they all taken with the iiic
I always wanted to tell some kind of story from children's
storybook. Without all these dreaded elves, but indeed
with some thing like fairyness, a small amount of dream,
un-naturality? But never wanted to achieve this by brute
manipulating the negative or - for God's sake! - manipulating
scanned images with computer or other devil's tool ;-)

                                St.

                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy