Subject: Re: [Leica] Lifespan of Digital Print (previously XTOLtimes/dilutions WAS Developer Question Again)
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 19:24:13 -0500

Austin:

You made two statements, the second, "...since copying it does not degrade
the image in any way." I can agree with.  The first that "a digital file
will last for ever and ever" may or not be true.  The medium that stores a
digital file will not last forever. If you don't copy it in time or the
machine needed to retreive that digital file is no longer available then it
will indeed be lost.

Mike D