Subject: Re: [Leica] Locktite and 15 mm M lens
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 18:55:45 +0100

On 3 Nov 00, at 10:15, John Collier wrote:

> One intrepid leica-user noticed that you can take the mount off the Heliar
> and reveal a large number of alternate screw holes which should enable you
> to get your lens straight.

Others said that this adjustment was too gross.

> If you do use loctite make sure you get the MILDEST stuff possible not the
> usual types available from automotive supply stores. You need the type that
> is designed to hold adjustments not lock threads. Use a tiny drop of it!!
> The large surface area of the LTM mount causes the regular loctite to be
> like welding. To loosen a "loctite"d item that is stuck, you have to apply
> heat, which is not a particularly great thing to do to a lens.

You don't want the "stud and bearing" strength, but the blue seems
to work OK, that isn't the weakest. The first time I tried, I still broke
the lock mounting the lens, I cleaned and put a bit more on, and it
seems to work. Don't know that I ever want to remove it from the
ring, as I don't have a LTM camera to put it on anyway.