Subject: RE: [Leica] Is this list a discussion or lecture list? (was Erwin Puts)
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 23:43:44 -0500

> I have learned a great deal from Erwin's posts.

I have learned a great deal from him and from many others on this list.

> I have learned absolutely nothing from his antagonists.

I don't know if you are referring to me as someone who you believe is one
of 'his antagonists', but if you are, that is completely unfounded.  In
fact, I have not seen anyone 'antagonize' him at all.  What I have done,
and I believe others have, is offer corrected information (and this does
not just apply to Erwin) on a topic they (I) know a lot about, and also
offer their opinions on the subject.

This is a discussion list, not a one sided "whatever so and so says is
right and no one can disagree with it" list.  That's childish.  If someone
does not want his/her posts to be discussed, the s/he should just put them
on their web site, not toss them out here for critique.