Subject: [Leica] Re: alignment tool, was <Walt, you are dead wrong>
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 09:52:06 -0800

At 12:05 PM 11/4/00 -0500, Dan Cardish wrote:
>Walt, now that we have definitively and forever determined that it is not
>necessary to remove the top plate ever, ever, ever, is removing the top
>plate and adjusting the vertical alignment a job that can be done by the
>non-technically minded among us, as an alternative to getting this special
>tool that Jim has?
>
>Dan C.

Dan,

The "peg hole and eccentric slot" that is used for adjusting the vertical
alignment doesn't go away by removing the top plate. It still requires the
special tool, unless someone wants to "kludge" something up to work. Not me
though as it is a very specialized adjustment mechanism and is best served
by using the exact tool that the designers intended.

Jim

Replies: Reply from Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: alignment tool, was <Walt, you are dead wrong>)
Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] Re: Re: alignment tool)
Reply from "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: alignment tool, was <Walt, you are dead wrong>)