Subject: Re: [Leica] Court this
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 20:37:29 -0800

>Is there full moon at the moment or other weird something for this great
>group of
>human beings to almost all become a bunch of head cases every few months
>or so? We
>can be so damn supportive, helpful and an extremely caring group of people
>from
>day to day, then all of a sudden it's gone in the blink of an eye or twist
>of a
>word!
>[snip]
>Think about it! Do you folks have any idea how collectively moronically
>dumb assed
>stupid we look in the eyes of the management of  Leica every time we get all
>snitty assed as we've seen this past couple of weeks? It's no wonder Leica
>really
>doesn't take this connection as a gospel bunch of  Leica users!  Would you?
>
>I love you all for what you have given to me over the years, but my heavens
>sometimes I think the LUG should be on the dark side of the moon!
>
>ted

once again i sincerely submit that this is a fantastic group! it is so
unbelievably familial - intimate, yet distant, a sense of commonality and
conflict, the various factions alternatively attacking then reconciling
themselves with one another: marvelous! homeric! it has all the pathos and
charm of good opera!

stop for a minute and think to yourselves: at no other time in the history
of the planet could such private yet collective lunacy fly about the globe
as it does here on the lug, simultaneously touching hundreds of physically
disconnected human beings. but what of conflict? it is inevitable that it
be this way.

enjoy the whole thing for what it is worth - life is short!

guy