Subject: [Leica] Credibility and credentials
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 23:20:19 -0600

> but Mr Johnstons
> statement that he found me suspect as an author for his magazine after
> evaluation of my credentials, is a gross lie

Erwin,
Please, I think you misinterpret. No one's accusing you of being a bad
author or of not having sufficient credentials. I was pleased to publish
your article and I have never regretted doing so. And I have seen other
writings of yours that are equally as good.

I said that one of the job skills I needed in my previous job was the
ability to come to conclusions about authors' expertise and trustworthiness.
I've since applied this same skill to some of your claims and statements on
the LUG, and come to the conclusions that I stated. That's all. Again, it's
merely my personal opinion, and my opinion carries no weight since I'm no
longer associated with any photography magazine.

You need not address my curiosity about your credentials, naturally, if
you're reluctant to do so.

- --Mike