Subject: [Leica] Re: Filters part umpteen
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 07:24:52 -0800

At 03:28 PM 11/6/00 +0100, Robert Appleby wrote:

>I use filters on all my lenses because they're all expensive! And if you
>take the filter off, you'll see that the lens is not just in good shape,
>it's absolutely pristine. The front elements have never been cleaned or
>even touched. After a year of good use, an optically brand new lens - what
>more can you ask for?
>
>Rob.

My lenses never have filters on them unless the filter will enhance or
otherwise improve the photograph. My accumulation of lenses date back to
1974 when I bought my first Leica. A CL. They get cleaned regularly with,
then, Kodak lens cleaner and tissue, later, a tee shirt and ROR, and now,
microfiber cloth and ClearSight. They look as pristine, clear, clean, no
marks of any kind, and do not flare when pointed toward the sun or other
bright lights. I live and do most of my photography, on the California
coast, on the shoreline. What more can you ask for?

Jim (to each, his own) Brick

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Filters part umpteen)