Subject: [Leica] filters part umpteen
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 22:41:28 +0100

I thought nothing of using UV filters (I thought UV was evil and needed to be
filtered at all cost) until one day I had a drink with a photographer from the
Oregonian who had all his gear with in in a large Domke bag in the early
1980's.
He pulled out some of his Nikon lenses which I also at the time used and
showed
them to me.
Mine had UV filters on them. His didn't.
He rolled his eyes.
I took the filters off when I got back to my studio.
Have never put them back on.
His barrels were more banged up than mine but his glass was all perfect
And none of my 26 lenses have since ever had their glass damaged.
I'll clean them with my shirt tail if it is soft clean fabric.
I huff on them first.
Mark rabiner
<<<<<

Mark, I only have two lenses - soon to be three - so maybe I have more to
lose? ;)

Ok, OK, OK!
I'll take the damn things off. But only if Ted mails me some of his
underwear. Actually, Ted, I insist. You owe me.

Pretty good going on the LUG today: two separate filter threads, autofocus
and a direct admonition from Brian.
This is why I'm subscribed.
Now _if_ I filtered (you know...) I'd miss all this mularkey. And what
would be the point of being subscribed then?

You are _such_ a bunch of wonderful human beings - definitely the Leicas of
the human race (sigh). And this _is_ the Leica of Leica Users Groups.

Rob.

Robert Appleby
V. Bellentani 36
41100 MO