Subject: Re: [Leica] R6.2 vs R8
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 14:14:30 -0800

Steve Beyer wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>     How hard are Leica lenses to focus with the adapter?

I had no problem, and you can switch screens if you need to.

> Is the screen on
> the 1V a bit harder to focus than the the Leica?  This does seem to be a
> neat idea.  Which of the various metering systems work or would this be a
> manual metering system?

I think spot and center weighted will work stop down, but not the matrix.   I don't
have this set up, too heavily invested in Nikon SLRs, but if I wanted to shoot
Leica R glass, it is the way I personally would go.

> Is this the correct procedure?  Focus wide open.
> Set desired F-stop and meter to adjust Shutter speed or or use shutter
> priority. Shoot.

use metered manual or aperture priority, not shutter priority.

Stephen