Subject: [Leica] Filter yes, filters no
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 21:30:51 -0600

> I think this filter/lens protection thing is subjective and one shouldn't
> belittle
> another shooter if he believes that's his calling for filter use, by the same
> token
> the filter user need not make a big thing out of it either. It's like, too
> each his
> own

Ted,
I have one good friend who practically breaks out in hives if a filter isn't
on one of his lenses, even for a few minutes after he opens it. He's not
kidding--you joke with him about it at your peril. I have another friend who
says, "I'm not going to pay good money for Leica lenses and put a piece of
window glass on it."

Both take fine pictures. Their respective galleries don't seem to make the
distinction.

- --Mike

The one partisan thing I will say is that I don't think filters are needed
for _protection_.

Replies: Reply from "C & C Property" <michael@scoates.freeserve.co.uk> ([Leica] Re: (Leica] filters - a new thread!)