Subject: Re: [Leica] why a 35 mm lens
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 21:34:58 +0800

I use the 35mm focal length on the M6 mainly because its .72x magnification
allows me to do so in the most comfortable fashion.  The 50mm is a close
second.   My ideal combination would be a 24mm, 50mm and 85mm.  The M6 is the
only camera I have ever used (and loved) that required me to adjust to its
limitations.   As great as the 24mm Elmarit-M is,  I prefer to be able to view
the actual perspective through the lens with very wide angles.   Last year I
bought an R8 and am very happy with the 19mm, 50mm combination, but the
M6/35'Lux will always have a special place in my camera bag when situations
calls for it whether I am traveling with the R8 or Rollei 6008i.  I prefer the
40mm Schneider and 110 Zeiss for the Rollei so there you go!

Cheers!

Ray