Subject: Re: [Leica] Hey Walt! Rangefinder Check?
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 07:56:29 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

That's what I've done for years....be sure to check at infinity and close
up, it's possible to have the near-focus compensation (set by the "length"
of the cam arm) off, and still have reasonable accuracy at 10-15 feet....
I usually used to check at 15-25 feet, at about 30", and then just visually
check the infinity....should all be close....as has been stated by Erwin and
others, the RF on these cameras is probably overkill for 50 and shorter, but
it can make a difference with a 90 at f2.

Walt