Subject: [Leica] Black Rapidwinder, chrome body
From: "Peter A. Klein" <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 11:46:23 -0800

> Anyone out there using a black Rapidwinder on a chrome body? Aside from
> function (the most important part), how does it look?
> Bill Franson
>
> <<<<<
>
> Bill, I believe it looks _just_ like a black rapidwinder on a chrome body.
> No, but seriously... what viewfinder magnification?
> Rob.

Well, an M with chrome body and black fittings is called a Panda. So
perhaps a black winder on a chrome body is called a Zebra.  Or a chrome
winder on a black body could be called a Skunk.

A black lens on a chrome body is called a Raccoon in the U.S., and a
Lemur in most of the rest of the world.  In Russia, it's called a Polar
Bear.

And an old Leica A with the vertical accessory-shoe rangefinder is
called a Giraffe.

Hey, this is fun!  Anybody have any more?

- --Peter Klein
Seattle, WA
"The animals are coming, one by one, the old cow chewing on a carraway
bun..."