Subject: Re: [Leica] Stand developing and TFX-2
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 22:45:50 EST

In a message dated 11/07/2000 1:03:25 PM, michaeljohnston@ameritech.net
writes:

<< If you want to experiment with a true super-high-sharpness developer, try
either of the slower Deltas developed in Geoff Crawley's TFX-2 formula,
available from Photographers' Formulary in Montana. It's a non-foaming
modification of his glycin FX developer >>

Mike,

Thanks.  Since I'm a mix it myself kind of guy, I'll try FX-2 as a stand
developer. It's a technique that has always appealed to the mad scientist
part of me.  I like the idea of using developers that give my photos a look
that is different than everyone else's.  Some of the non commercialy
available ones are quite unique and wonderful.  I do like Crawley's
formulas-I'm a big fan of Delta 100 in FX-37.  As I think you would say, it
doesn't have the finest grain, but the tonality and acutance are terrific.
Richard Wassserman

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] Stand developing and TFX-2)