Subject: Re: [Leica] Book: "SE Asia" by Steve McCurry
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 17:10:36 +0000

Friends,

I have received the above book from Amazon.com.  While Steve's style of
photography is generally superb, I have the following comments about his book:

1. Most of the pictures are taken in India. India is geographically south
Asia. I live in SE Asia so I should know what I am talking about.

2. I get the feeling that many of his photographs are pre-arranged and
posed. Personally, this is a perfectly acceptable as long as the
arrangement is photographically appealing.

3. The cover pic is a strong one (and it grabs you)....and one which I
would like to be able to capture but so far not able to achieve. I like it.

Dan K.