Subject: [Leica] color neg films
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 13:40:45 -0600

Sal

You wrote:

>>  There has been a revolution in color negative film technology in the
past decade. The old rules do NOT apply.
    If you are looking for a 400ISO color negative film I suggest you try
Kodak's Supra 400 in the professional range or its equivalent Max 400 in the
consumer (amateur) range.<<

usually in bulk --to glean bits and pieces of information. I read lots of
don'ts; or opinions expressed as fact. I'm cautious of the later. As you
point out, old rules don't always apply. That's one of the reasons I still
find photography so interesting (and the real-time feedback of the LUG so
valuable). Advancements in equipment and materials are being made left and
right. I remember the days when something really exiting would be announced
about once a decade

Lately I've been going through Supra 400 like a hot knife through butter.
The more I use it, the more I like it. Works well for scanning and making C
prints. I do both, but I'm almost ready to put the latter to rest.

Dave