Subject: [Leica] Contax N1
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 23:22:59 -0600

Apropos of the Contax N1, I'd propose that the only reason Contax has gone
AF is because its future digital cameras have to have AF. And the reason
Zeiss went along is that they've made a fortune lately putting lenses on
Sonys. Contax's move to AF may be big news to 35mm photographers but I doubt
very much it was done with the film-camera market uppermost in mind.

- --Mike (former occasional industry analyst, now firmly ensconced in
armchair)