Subject: [Leica] Re: San Francisco Coast Guard flight - aerial photos
From: Byron Rakitzis <leica@rakitzis.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 00:03:04 -0800

You know, I saw your message on the LUG a day or two after I saw a Coast
Guard C-130 at SFO.

I've discovered a new activity for my 2yr old: we park in the long
term parking lot at SFO, right at the end of runways 28L and 28R,
and depending on the wind direction we can see few or many airplanes
taking off.  It's hard to believe how excited he gets by this.

I'm not exactly a plane spotter, but I had the usual teenage fascination
with airplanes. So I had a camera along and when I saw the bright orange
C-130 go by I couldn't resist taking a picture. Of course the camera was
loaded with B&W film so the day-glow orange finish is rather lost in
the result!

Since it was on Monday afternoon I have to wonder if this wasn't Gary's
airplane???

I've posted the picture on

	http://www.rakitzis.com/c130.jpg

There's hardly any photographic merit here, but the coincidence was
curious enough to me that I couldn't resist posting this.

The plane is called "Sacramento", by the way. It was nice to see
that detail revealed in the neg!!!

Byron.

Replies: Reply from "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com> ([Leica] Re: San Francisco Coast Guard flight - aerial photos)
Reply from "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com> ([Leica] Re: San Francisco Coast Guard flight - aerial photos - correct URL)