Subject: [Leica] Re: argue this!
From: Brougham <brougham3@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 04:40:03 -0800 (PST)

> People seldom "give in" during the actual argument, but I think that
> afterwards they may quietly modify their own positions to take into
> account something that impressed them in the arguments of their
> opponents. Often, becoming convinced is not a quick, clear thing: it
> is a slow, subterranean process.

And don't forget about the peanut gallery.  I usually learn something
just by keeping my mouth shut and not participating in subjects that I
don't know much about.  For example, take the recent "how many pixels
can dance on the head of a grain" thread.  Erwin, Johnny, Austin, and
Jim all helped expand my knowledge in this area.

If I'm not careful, some of Ted's "just do it" philosophy may rub off
on me.  I can be anal to the extreme about *why* something works.

The people arguing may not change their minds.  But the process of
their arguing might educate some of us.  :)