Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing Difficulty
From: Disfromage@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 17:58:48 EST

<<Adjust your eye position, it usually clears up when your eye is centred
properly. Sometimes it is because you are photographing in low light and a
light source is shining into the finder, try blocking the frame illumination
window with your finger (it is the centre window at the front of the camera
with the "louvers" in it), this usually helps.>>

Terry,

I solved the problem by putting a piece of Scotch tape , the frosted looking
one, on the window.  It seems to reduce the brightness just enough that the
flaring stops. I just leave it on permanently.  My M6 used to flare very
badly, but now is a joy to use.  John's method above also works of course.
Hope this helps.

Richard Wasserman