Subject: Re: DOF (was: RE: [Leica]Why a 35mm lens?)
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 18:31:20 -0500

Alan Hull jotted down the following:

> Let me put it this way and to put the thread more "on topic".  Get on a
> bicycle (any bike will do) and peddle off to a distant scene with a pair of
> binoculars round your neck.  A hill overlooking a nudist beach would be ideal
> for this excercise as there is nothing better to really concentrate the mind.
> Focus on the ugliest person you can see.  Now, all the other nudists look as
> though they were on top of each other with the ugly one in the middle.  Right?

Why do I get the impression there's about to be a spate of LUGger arrests?

"No, officer, I was just exploring depth-of-field issues and how they relate
to image magnification.  Take a look through there, officer, and you'll see
how all the nudists are on top of that ugly one down there."

"All right, enough of that.  Hands behind your back."

M.

- --
Martin Howard                | "OK! Let's get one thing straight. I'm in
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU  | charge of the CPU for the next 40 milli-
email: howard.390@osu.edu    | seconds!"
www: http://mvhoward.i.am/   | -- comment in the Space Shuttle IPL code