Subject: [Leica] Stiff Summicron
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 17:42:14 -0600

>> I love the camera, but I noted a problem with the lens. When turning the
>> focus (starting on the closest focus setting), I noticed that the focus
>> becomes very stiff at 3.5 ft thru 5 ft. Then it loosens slightly. Am I
>> correct in assuming that this is a flaw in the lens and that I
>> should return
>> it to the store?
>> Thanks,
>> Jack

Jack,
It's probably just a bit of dried lubricant trapped in the helical. Spend
half and hour in front of the TV cranking it back and forth and see if it
doesn't go away. Of course, in a new lens, you shouldn't have to do that,
but this may be more convenient for you that the logistics of returning it
and getting another one.

- --Mike

Replies: Reply from Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net> (Re: [Leica] Stiff Summicron)