Subject: Re: [Leica] Using Vivitar 2800 flash with M6 TTL
From: bfranson@greennet.net (Bill Franson)
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 20:20:09 -0800

At 04:45 PM 11/08/2000 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm new to the LUG world. Seems like a fun bunch.

Runaway!!! Don't look back!!!

More seriously, I have the 2800 too and consider it a Vivitar 283 made for
Leicas. But, and that's a big but, I can't get used to its automatic
shutdown feature. I don't know how many shots I've missed because the flash
shut off. If I could get someone to disable that feature I would use the
flash more. I just picked up the Olympus S20 and love its compactness and
punch. It's only flaw is its lack of pc pigtail for use with M3 or 4
without adapter.
That being said I just completed an all Leica shoot with no flash. Had an
M3 set up with a 90 f/2 and an M6 switching off between a 35 and a 21.
Available (hospital) lighting. Wide open and hand held. Loved it. And the
client did too. A couple more times and the Nikons go on the block!

Bill Franson