Subject: [Leica] Mike'n'Marc'n'Zeiss
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 19:11:45 -0600

> Hmm.  For the very first time in my memory, Mike, I must agree with you.
> Magnificent lenses on a mediocre body.  It is a shame that Zeiss didn't
> have the brains to produce these in Leica M mount. I would have bought the
> lot of them!

Marc,
Yes, we hardly ever agree, but here we are even thinking alike--because I
made a similar comment in my post to you and then deleted it, thinking, no,
the Luggers will crawl all over me if I say something like that!!

- --Mike

P.S. We really do have to stop agreeing like this. People will think we're
both going soft.

P.P.S. Also the Tessar in my old Contessa is a simply gorgeous lens. The
camera is a beautifully-built kludge, but the lens is
sharper'n'you-know-what.

P.P.P.S. And another true connoisseur's lens is the Zeiss 110mm f/2 for the
Hasselblad. That might be one of those "ultimate lenses"--the ones that make
you think lenses don't come any better. That one does just about everything
right.