Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M3 focus question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 22:54:47 -0700

The M3 rangefinders only couple to the lens cam down to one meter. Late M3s
can be readjusted (most have been already) to couple down to 0.7m but the
early cameras cannot. I do not know the serial number of the change in
rangefinder design but definitely a 785xxx would have come with the early
design (it may have been changed though).

John Collier