Subject: Re: [Leica] Kidtips
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 09:46:17 -0800

Ted wrote:
><Snip> . I asked her
> what time was he at his best during the day?
>
> Some of you folks are old enough to remember the old kids TV show, "Howdy Doo
> Dee." So the mother says he's just all smiles and happy faces as soon as he
> hears the theme music start,  just wonderful to see him.
> ><Snip>

I was on the Howdy Doo Dee show!!
My mom took me into the Radio City Music hall on the subway where it was filmed.
I was in the Peanut Gallery around 1956.
I remember Clarabell and chief Thunder Thud. One of them i forgot which had a
lot of booze on their breath.
And i think one of them, (not the same one I'm sure) turned out to be Captain
Kangaroo but of course that happened later.
The strings of the puppets were so long that i thought the puppeteer way up
there would have needed Leica binoculars!
I think Buffalo Bob used a screw mount!

mark rabiner

http://spokenword.to/rabiner/

Message from "Wilber Jeffcoat" <wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com> (Re: [Leica] Kidtips)