Subject: Caveat Konica Hexar RF (or Re: [Leica] Focusing Hexar RF with > Leica lenses) LONG
From: "Frank Dernie" <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 17:47:02 +0000

Phil Eskildsen wrote

> Patrick Smith wrote:
>
>  > The focus is off (the rangefinder focuses nearer than the
>  > real plane of focus) by about 5%, meaning that if one
>  > focuses on some object 2 meters away, the Leica lens on
>  > the Hexar will focus 10 cm shorter than when it should.
>

> In summary I can safely say that while the Hexar RF may be a fine body to
> use with Konica Hexar RF lenses, it doesn't really make the grade with my
> Leica-M lenses or my LTM Lenses in M-Adapters.

I have had a Hexar RF since they first appeared. I had heard that Konica
copied the film to mount registration distance wrong from the Leica and this
is why they make no claim of compatibility. On mine however the rangefinder
coincides at infinity with both the Hexar 50 and the Leica lenses I have
used on it (Nocti, 35 Aspherical, 24). My first use was at a concert with
Nocti wide open. Any unsharp shots were me moving. Apart from the crude
meter I like the camera, beautifully smooth,- tho I prefer M6 and M5.
cheers Frank
PS for Steven Gandy mine is 1443900.