Subject: Re: [Leica] Film and developing questions:
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 10:10:32 -0800

Tim Spragens wrote:

> On 11 Nov 00, at 17:56, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
> > When you taught me in a column you wrote in a mid 1960's pop photog to
> > roll my
> > film back to back two in the same roll i often ran 16 rolls in the same
> > two
> > liter 8 roll metal tank!
>
> That sounds like more of a headache than it would be worth,
> fighting the curl in two directions at once!

You get so used to it that when you have that odd roll which goes on singly it
feels too flimsy and more difficult. The thickness of the two layers make them
go in the reels better belive it or not. I taught a half dozen assistants to do
this and it was no problem for anybody. Now that I've switched to Hewes reels
since i imagine the feeding the roll process might be even smoother.
mark rabiner
:)
http://spokenword.to/rabiner/