Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Topic.... 4x5 Arista FIlm Problem
From: "Ken Iisaka" <ken@iisaka.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 21:36:10 -0800

> In deference to the many LF users that may read this list.....
>
> I have received a 100 sheet box of Arista 400  4x5 film that is oversized.
> It will not fit into Toyo CFH.  It may not fit other CFH, I do not
know....

> Lot Code Data on my box:
>
> Expiry Feb 2005
> 44CHK7X01/01-7
>
> Film is about 1/32 of an inch wider than HP5+ or TMX
> Length is OK
>
> Recommendations: Check your stocks to make sure what you have actually is
> the correct sized film to fit YOUR holders.

4x5 films are really supposed to be 100mmx125mm.  I suspect that they were
cut at their nominal size of 4x5, or 101.6mmx127mm.

The Polaroid PN55 is really 101.6mm wide, and I have trim the edges to fit
the negative in my film carrier.

Replies: Reply from "SML" <inyoung@jps.net> ([Leica] 14127 vs 14167)