Subject: Re: [Leica] mechanical shutters and WTB:Dead R4
From: Javier Perez <summarex@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 04:51:54 -0500

Howdy Walt and everyone
Yes I agree.
100 years from now I'de calculate that 80% of the Ms will still be here
possibly with new shutters ansd resilvered finders. Few Rs will exist
in working condition though. Those that work will be worth a fortune!
One way of prolonging the life of an R might be to reduce it in terms of capability
down to the simplest meterless electronic shutter camera. Like a 2000FC
I don't really use paperweights but A fishtank ornament R4 would be great.
BTW: Anybody got any dead a R4? How much?
See Ya
Javier