Subject: [Leica] Flash Cord Thread
From: "Gary Klein" <leicaman_99@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 18:00:53 -0600

My M42, in the years I have had it has been averaging around one service
visit every five years, only this time it is earlier than normal.  While
shooting a flash job with the camera awhile back, I damaged the X synch
connection with with the new paramount cord that I use.

So the renowned DAG will be working over the camera.  Have any of you had
problem with Paramount cords causing a problem with your M leica?  I use the
old but yet reliable 285 and 283 vivitar flash units. I never use the flash
mounted on the camera.  The way I use them is either with a 283 dumped into
a silver umbrella or hold the flash in a bounce mode.   They are real work
horses.  I am no doubt going to buy several of Vivitar's coiled cords and
not use the Paramount with the M with fears of damaging the synch ports any
further.  I know lots of you out there do not use flash with the M much at
all, but at times its absolutely vital to use some kind of flash
illumination.

gck

Leica M, the quiet alternative....